Summer Salad Recipe
What better way to enjoy the summer, then with a healthy and refreshing chicken salad? Try this healthy spin on the traditional chicken salad! We’ve added lots of healthy vegetables and fruits for flavor and eliminated the fattening mayo!
Cran Apple Chicken Salad
4 oz Chilled Chicken
1 cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 cup Grapes-green
1/2 cup Red Onion
1 cup Red Delicious Apple
1/2 Chopped Pineapple
1 cup Chopped Green Bell Peppers
3/4 cup Cashew Nuts
8 oz Greek Yogurt (plain)
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pasta Cooked
1/2 tsp Atlantic Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
1) Prepare pasta and crush nuts (lightly pulse in food processor) ahead of time.
2) Pull or chop chicken. Chop pineapple, apple, red onion and bell pepper into either quarter-inch or half-inch pieces. Half the grapes.
3) Combine ALL ingredients except yogurt in large bowl.
4) Add yogurt and mix well with large spoon.
5) Chill for 2-4 hours. Serve and enjoy!