Hormone Replacement Therapy
Posted October 23, 2018 in Hormone Replacement Therapy
Balanced hormones are a critical point in your overall health and quality of life. Hormones function as messengers, triggering and coordinating cell function, impacting growth, metabolism, fertility, immune system health, and all other body functions. As the body ages, it produces less and less of these vital hormones. Hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, allows you to restore a healthy quantity of specific hormones to improve your quality of life.
What are Bioidentical Hormones?
Bioidentical hormone therapy involves the use of hormones that are identical in molecular structure to natural hormones. These hormones can supply the hormones the body needs to provide real relief from a range of unpleasant menopausal symptoms, including:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood swings
Hormones and Anti-Aging
Even a minor decrease in a hormone can lead to an array of major health problems. At Rejuvalife, we provide our patients with various hormone replacements that produce extraordinary results, including:
- Increased metabolism for a leaner, more athletic body
- Increased energy
- Blood pressure stabilization
- Bone health, strength
- Healthier cholesterol levels
- Enhanced memory and focus
- Improved skin tone and texture
HRT Treatments at Rejuvalife in Beverly Hills
We offer a wide array of Hormone Replacement Therapies at Rejuvalife. The first step is to meet with our team of clinicians to evaluate your symptoms. The options we offer in HRT can help you live a happier, healthier, more productive life:
- Human Growth Hormone: Your body slowly decreases the quantity of this critical hormone as you age. Naturally produced by the pituitary gland, this hormone regulates your metabolism, bone growth, and lack of enough HGH can lead to aging, a propensity to gain weight, cardiovascular disease and decreased immunity.
- Menopause: The hormones associated with the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause include estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Male Menopause: Men go through hormonal changes as they age, impacting energy, sexuality, and overall health.
- Testosterone: This critical hormone impacts both men and women as they age. When testosterone levels are restored through HRT, quality of life in various areas can be increased, including sex drive, energy, muscle mass, along with increased mental focus.
- Thyroid: Your thyroid controls metabolism and how your body uses energy, and regulates critical body systems including breathing, heart rate, weight, muscle strength, and others. When your body is no longer supplied with two hormones produced by the thyroid, triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), your entire body system is impacted.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin: This hormone is produced in quantity during pregnancy and can naturally increase sex drive.
Diagnosis: Our Process
To determine what your body needs in HRT requires a series of tests to evaluate your current hormone levels, including:
- Blood testing
- Adrenal stress testing
- Urine profiles
Along with these tests, we will evaluate the symptoms you are experiencing, along with your medical history.
HRT Treatment Phase
If testing reveals a hormonal imbalance, or lack of a critical hormone that is impacting your quality of life and health, our scientific approach to treatment involves ongoing evaluations to monitor progress. Identifying the correct hormones your body needs in the correct quantity requires more than just prescribing the hormone; we carefully monitor every aspect of your progress with our integrative approach to body health.
Anti-Aging and HRT
If you have a hormonal deficiency, aging can progress faster. Our comprehensive HRT programs include anti-aging treatment plans that can help ward off the effects of aging related to hormone loss and experience a more joyful, productive, and energetic life. Your anti-aging treatment plan will be customized specifically for you.